Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cigarette Break #1


First day of class at Florida State University, but this isn't my first rodeo. Of course not. This is my fifth year of higher education and the third campus under my belt. No need to come early to worry about parking for an 8 am class at a school with about 40,000 students. Nah...

After driving around looking for a place to park for 30min cursing the world, crying- purely for the lack of having a cigarette, calling my sister to tell her what an idiot I am, and calling my mom for some comfort... I came to the conclusion that I will most definitely NOT be the only one late on the first day of class.

I parked in the farthest parking garage from my class and trekked the 20 min walk like pilgrim on the Oregon Trail. Sweaty, uncomfortable, and knowing that at some point there will be an end to the journey. In my case, air conditioning... in the pilgrims- gold (I think?) Regardless, I walked into class 30min late.

No one came in after me...

except one girl who had casts on both her wrists. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment