Monday, October 25, 2010

Cigarette Break #2



With a flip of a switch, you’re set on fire
All day I’ve had this one desire.
Although I know you will slowly take my breath away
Until my very last day;
I can’t give you up like so many have before.

Every single time, is the same as the first.
It’s a sweet addiction and I swear I am cursed
Or jaded and broken; you fill the void.
Of I’m not sure what, I’m so annoyed.
After every deep breath I still want more.

I want nothing more than to step on your soul,
But I am the one who will pay the toll.
My life, my pocket, you will suck me dry
And if you are in my hand, I know I will die.
You have no regrets; you’re just a cold-hearted whore.

In my mind, I think I can make this work.
With or without you, my heart will torque
In your direction or away.
I can only hope this longing will fade.
I won’t believe you have infected my core.

My friends will say you don’t deserve a single brush of my lips,
But I know it’s a matter of time before I slip.
The moments I miss you are filled with ups and downs
And at the end of the day I go round and round
Until its just you and me sitting on the floor.

I promise I won’t forget the effect you have on me
All the good and the bad is not hard to see.
But a final good bye will make it complete
Until tomorrow when your back at my feet.
I can’t give you up like so many before.

No comments:

Post a Comment